Friday, January 6, 2012

THE TENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS - JANUARY 3, 2012.

On the tenth day of Christmas I went back to work. After being off work for almost two weeks it was difficult to get back in the swing of things. One of the first things that I did was boot up my computer while I made myself a cup of tea.

Once Microsoft Outlook was open I watched the emails load. There were not ten new emails, there were tens of tens of eamils. It was more than a little depressing plowing through the emails but that was reality. It is part of my job to keep up with communications. Most of the messages had to do with issues and events before Christmas but a few were about new events in the new year. Some of the messages were from people asking for help. Some of the messages were from my superiors at work giving me directions for new assignments for the new year. Unfortunately, the tenth day of Christmas was my least favorite day of the twelve days of Christmas.

It was a long day. The memories of the holidays were fading fast as I put myself in the frame of mind to start working on new tasks and projects for the new year. I could only hope that 2012 was going to be a better year than 2011. Unfortunately, when I looked at all the issues that were already piling up on the first day of the new year it did nto seem likely that 2012 was going to be better year.

All I can say is that the tenth day of Christmas was like a bucket of cold water to bring me back to the harsh realities of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment