Friday, January 6, 2012

THE ELEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS - JANUARY 4TH

On the Eleventh days of Christmas I was starting to get acclimatized again to the regime of work. Everything did not look quite as bleak and overwhelming as it did the day before but it was not going to be a walk  in the part either. As I was working at home in the evening trying to get caught up on all my email I decided that I needed to take a break from the computer screen.

I sat in my chair on the counter and looked around the room at nothing  in particular. My gaze finally settled on our miniature orange tree. There were blossoms on the tree! Before the Christmas holidays there were two or three oranges on the tree. We had moved the tree out of the way for Christmas to accommodate our Christmas Tree. Now that Christmas was over we put the orange tree back in its usual location which was much more visible than it was over Christmas.

I took a much closer look at the orange tree and saw that there was eleven orange blossoms on the tree. This tree must think that Spring is around the corner. I took it as a fortuitous sign that there were orange blossoms in these first days of the new year. Maybe 2012 was going to be a good year!

On the eleventh day of Christmas we received eleventh lucky orange blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment