Wednesday, January 4, 2012

THE SEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS - NEW YEAR'S EVE

Finally, we made it to New Year's Eve. It really seemed to be a long trek this year and next year does not seem like it is going to be any easier. Well, it is the times that we are living in, there are greater changes afoot than anyone one of us knows about or can comprehend. We might as well enjoy the moment. celebrate this special moment in time where we balance the past against the future and celebrate the moment.

Although my wife and I did explore the iPad that were received for Christmas, we really did not spend that much time with it. My son-in-law and daughter helped us set up some apps and explained how to navigate around the iPad. Still, we had been so busy that we did not spend a lot of time with the iPad.

Since my wife was not feeling well on New Year's Eve we decided that we would stay home so that she could rest and not infect anyone else, especially our granddaughter. We had a quiet dinner at home, watched a movie then I thought I would explore the Kindle ebook app. it took awhile before we had realized that you download the books using an Amazon account then they would appear on our iPad. It was nothing short of miraculous.

I thought that I would start with the free books from Amazon. Since there were thousands to choose from I did not think it would be a problem to select a few. After looking around I settled on books that leaned more towards the classics. I downloaded an Italian cookbook for my wife,Italy Revisited by William Stockert . Then I downloaded The Complete Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci. You can read my entire post that I wrote about the da Vinci exhibition that I went to in the summer in Buffalo with my wife, my son and his girlfriend. I also downloaded a number of books about art and music as well as philosophy; A History of Greek Art by Frank Bigelow Tarbell, Michelangelo by Estelle M. Hurll, Rembrandt, also by Estelle M. Hurll, Beethoven's Letters, 1790 - 1826, Volume 1, and The Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant. In the end, I downloaded seven ebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment