Monday, January 2, 2012

FIRST POST OF THE NEW YEAR

yes, this the first post of the new year. I am not going to look back  on 2011 and analyze what was good and what was not good, what I accomplished and what I never got around to doing. That's all water under the bridge, in a manner of speaking. It is more interesting to think about the year ahead, the possibilities and opportunities.

This has been my first year of blogging and my first year of posting my work on Etsy. Although I have some items on Etsy but there has not been any significant activity, at least not until Christmas. I have to admit that I have been somewhat remise regarding signing in on Etsy on a regular basis. In fact, I could not remember when I had last signed in on Etsy. Well, i had some time over the holidays so I thought I would check everything out. Apparently, I had received an inquiry for a commission on December 1, 2011. I did not see it until 28 days later. That's not a really good response time to an Inquiry! I did what I could, I took the information that was sent to me and worked up a rough concept and sent it back as quickly as I could, the same day that I read the inquiry. Who knows, they may still be interested, if not, it taught me to log into Etsy more than once a month.

This leads to the second good thing to happen on Etsy. This evening, January 2, 2012, I logged into Etsy, I log in every day now. I saw a message which was an invitation to display my work at a rustic fair on the weekend of August 25 - 26, 2012 in Carlise, Ontario which is practically in my backyard. I am pretty excited about this opportunity. To say the least it will be interesting and an opportunity to display my work in the real world and meet prospective buyers. Who knows, there may be a few prospective commissions as well.

It seems that 2012 is shaping up to be an interesting year for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment