Monday, February 16, 2015

Caribbean Cruise - Day 7 - Last Day at Sea

Today is our last day at sea, by tomorrow morning we will be docked at Houston. I was up at 5:30 AM to get my last day of practice in on the ship. I will miss the aerobics room with it vast floor space and mirrors on two walls. today, I feel strong and energetic.

We had breakfast in the Great Outdoors at the rear of the ship. the early morning was warm and gentle on our face and arms. I am sure that we got a full dose of vitamin D on this cruise! After breakfast we walked the deck but before that we used up the rest of the $100 credit that we received when we booked the trip. I bought two T-shirts. That left $1 of credit left. There was a machine near the atrium where you could make a medallion out of copper. We made a medallion of Dora because we know that our grand daughter likes Dora.

Getting back to our walk, it was a nice 24 degrees Celsius, partially cloudy but mostly sunny. We started to notice oil rigs off in the distance on either side of the ship. As we walked around the ship we saw more and more oil rigs. I never knew there were so many oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, but then again, I never really thought about it. I took a lot of pictures of the tankers and the oil rigs, I also took pictures of the clouds.

We went to a demonstration on pastry in the Atrium. It looked more like they were setting up for a demonstration on Black Forest cake. My wife said that if it was not interesting we woulds leave. Well, it was not that interesting. As soon as the chef started talking about how he was going to put the Black Forest cake together, my wife asked me if I wanted to go back out on deck to walk. I said that that would be a great idea, i was not really interested in watching someone put a Black Forest cake together. It was nice outside, warm and breezy. We might as well get as much of this nice weather as possible because tomorrow, we were going to return to the cold.

We are at another show with David Naster, this one is about bullying. he showed a video that had people who talked  about why and how they worked through being bullied and how they eventually rose above being bullied. David Naster is sincere about what he is trying to do, use comedy to improvevpeople's lives.

We had our last lunch in the Garden Cafe, actually we sat outside in the Great Outdoor on the rear deck. With the breeze it actually felt a little cool so we went back inside for tea and dessert. I guess we were getting far enough north that the ambient air temperature was starting to cool off.

On the one hand, it is sad that cruise is  coming to an end but on the other hand, I am looking forward to getting back to our regular life. I am thinking about home and the life that my wife and I have together. It is funny in a way, vacations make us realize how much we appreciate the life that we have. i miss our house, I miss our bed, I miss the food that my wife makes every day that is both healthful and delicious.

At 4:00 PM I went for a consultation with acupuncturist Acupuncture who was on board. He asked me a series of questions, he looked at my tongue. His diagnosis was that I was deficient in Yang Qi. I did not have enough heat in my stomach to transform the food into Qi. The fact that food was sticking in my esophagus and coming back up hours after I went to bed was evidence that I was having rebellious Qi. Instead of the food going down which it is supposed to do, it is going up. interestingly enough, his diagnosis and treatment was the same as my regular acupuncturist. I might have had some treatment with him  with him but it was our last day on board and I was going to see my own acupuncturist the following week. I have a lot of confidence in my acupuncturist's ability to help me.

Based on the acupuncturist's recommendations we decided that I should eat some meat for dinner, lamb would be preferable but we would see what was available. I settled for Mahi-Mahi which did not cause me any problems at all at dinner, My wife had linguine and calamari. We switched plates half way through dinner so that we could sample both dishes, they were both good.

Back in our stateroom we started packing, as much as we could so that we could be prepared to leave the ship in the morning. It was 11:00 PM by the time we finished packing so we just went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a long day of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment