Wednesday, May 23, 2012

HONG KONG - DAY AND NIGHT

The Langham hotel is only minutes from the harbour in Kowloon. The harbour is actually a showcase of culture in Hong Kong. In close proximity you will find the Hong Kong Museum of Art, the Hong Kong Cultural Center and the Hong Kong Space Museum, all are on Salisbury Road facing the harbor.

As you walk passed the cultural complex you arrive at the boardwalk. By day, the boardwalk offers a panoramic view of Victoria Harbor on Hong Kong Island on the other side of the strait. As you walk along the boardwalk you will eventually arrive at the avenue of stars. All of the stars are Chinese which is understandable. Some of them I recognized because they are Chinese actors and actresses whom I like, Maggie Cheung and Andy Lau are a couple. It is interesting to note that the only actor to be immortalized with a bronze statue was Bruce Lee. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me at the time so I did not take a picture of Bruce Lee's statue.

Later in the evening, I returned to the boardwalk to watch A Symphony of Lights. It was the second time that I had seen the show and it was just as impressive the second time as it was the first time. Here are a few pictures that I took.





Of course the show is much more spectacular when you see it in person. It would highly recommend taking the time in the evening to see A Symphony of Lights when you are in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment