Thursday, March 15, 2012

THE TWO DAY INVITATION COUNTRY FAIR AND OLD FASHIONED MERCANTILE - UPDATE

The time is getting nearer. I keep setting pieces aside for the country fair in August. I am also working on stained glass, recycled and beach glass pieces for the fair as well. It is going to be exciting to see and display my work with other people using different kinds of medium. I am sure that there will be a lot of cross-fertilization of ideas and techniques. Who know what will come of this.

Most people who are involved have printed off and distributed flyers. I plan to do it in several waves, that way there will always be something out there right up until August 25th. I purchased a package of 500 sheets of sepia colored paper for about $10. That should cover just about every imaginable place that I could think of to distribute flyers.

Apparently there are still people who have not paid the insignificant booth fee for the fair. In my opinion, if you cannot pay the $15 booth fee then you are really not that serious about attending. You can spend more than $15 buying lunch at Tim Hortons. All I can say is that if you are truly interested in attending this event then pay up!

There are still openings for a rope weaver, a marqueter, a cornhusk doll maker, a salvage metal artist/garden art, and a potter. If you fall into any of these categories or know anyone who meets this criteria then by all means sign up or let others know about this event.


Here is an aerial view of the fair ground and the vendor area. It is going to be an exciting  event!

No comments:

Post a Comment