Sunday, September 11, 2011

LOCKE STREET FESTIVAL

Yesterday, Saturday, September 10, 2001, I went to the Locke street festival in Hamilton. It is an annual street festival that has been running for some years now. It is the first time that my wife and I have gone. We decided that it was a good idea to take some time off from our projects, my crib for example, and have some fun. We met our daughter and granddaughter at the festival and spent the time with them.

Wood earrings

There were many different stalls, people selling clothes, jewelery, food. The picture above was of a vendor who sold wood earrings. It gave me some ideas to make some. I have plenty of small pieces of wood I could turn into earrings.

Lucha Libre Masks
I included this picture one because it is colorful but also to show the variety of items that were being sold yesterday. These Lucha Libre masks that Mexican wrestlers wear when they are wrestling.

More wood earrings
These are earrings from another vendor who also sold wood earrings. There may be something here. I will definitely have to give this some thought.

Harpist
There was also plenty of music at the festival. We listened to jazz, rock, country and choir a lone singer in the middle of the street and this young lady playing the harp. There was music for just about every taste.

The Road Runner?
Here is a picture of my daughter introducing my granddaughter to, I think, the Road Runner. At least she didn't cry.
View of crowd a the festival
As a parting shot, here is a overview of the crowd at the Locke Street Festival. as you can see it was a solid mass of people. I think it was a success and we had lots of fun. I certainly plan to attend again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment